Admission Policy

Admission to P.S. 222

Public School 222 welcomes all zoned families to register for Grades Kindergarten through Grade 5.

To find out your zoned school, you may click on this link:

 Registration Policies:

Registration is by appointment.  To request an appointment to register  your child, please complete this form:

Note:  The building is closed in July and August. If you are interested in Fall Registration, we will contact you in late August/early September to schedule an appointment.

In accordance with Chancellor’s Regulation A101, you must bring the following documents to your registration appointment:

Verifiable proof of residence:

  Proof of residence must be demonstrated by any two of the following documents, each of which must state the home address:

  • Lease agreement, deed or mortgage statement for the residence
  • Residential utility bill (gas or electric) in the resident’s name issued by a utility company must be dated within the past 60 days;
  • Bill for cable television services provided to the residence; must include the name of the parent and address of the residence and be dated within the past 60 days;
  • Documentation or letter on letterhead from a federal, state, or local government agency, including the IRS, the City Housing Authority, the federal Office of Refugee Resettlement, the Human Resources Administration, or the Administration for Children’s Services (ACS), or an ACS subcontractor, indicating the resident’s name and address; must be dated within the past 60 days;
  • Current property tax bill for the residence; f. a water bill for the residence; must be dated within the past 90 days;
  • Rent receipt which includes the address of residence; must be dated within the past 60 days;
  • State, city, or other government issued identification (including an IDNYC card); which has not expired and includes the address of residence;
  • income tax form for the last calendar year;
  • Official NYS Driver’s License or learner’s permit, which has not expired;
  • Official payroll documentation from an employer issued within the past 60 days such as a pay stub with home address

Proof of the child’s age, such:

  • Birth certificate
  • Passport (including a foreign passport)
  • Record of baptism (which includes date of birth).

Child’s immunization records (if available);

Child’s latest report card/transcript (if available);

Child’s Individualized Education Program (IEP) and/or 504 Accommodation Plan, if applicable and available.